[IP] Ketos

Kevin was dxd 8/26/98 - his #s on several occasions ran 350 - HI - 5units of
humalog will only bring the # down to 400-500 range when reading was HI - so
it has to be really really high blood sugar.  I give the extra units again if
i see that the # has not come down with the 1st shot after 3 hrs. His numbers
have ran 350-500 for 24 - 48 hrs. - with very few carbs - testing every hour.
Yet - no ketos - which is a good thing - however since i consider myself a
newbie to diabetes - i feel like i am waiting for a bomb to drop when i see
those high #s.
I have learned from cde - - high #s = ketos.
Now - i ask the experts of insulin - does others have high #s for 24-48 hrs
and  not have ketos.
he eats very few carbs (crackers) - and takes extra insulin -
Also, everyone please start a pray chain - he goes to new ped/endo for pump -
and she is hoping to have him pumping by Christmas.
Thanks for listening
Mom to Kap (Kevin)