Re: [IP] Can you maintain BGs w/out eating?

>I'd like to know if any of you have done the fasting test through the day
>see if you can go without eating anything and still maintain good bgs.

   Yes, I've done this once to test basals.  My numbers remained perfect
until late in the afternoon, when I hit a low of 64.  To me, this meant my
afternoon basal was too low.  I think if you have a correct basal set then
you should be able to go without eating and not drop more than 30 points.
??  of course, YMMV as always.  You might not be able to follow this
guideline for morning situations, as lots of people have different ways to
deal with various wake-up times.