Re: [IP] pumping and Prednisone

I am still on MDI (hope to be on pump in 2000).  I started
taking Prednisone on a permanent basis several years ago.
I had to make a small increase in the amount of Ultralente
(basal) morning and night.  I also had to increase my
carb-counting ratio (bolus) a little.  Once you get the
adjustments figured out, you can work around the Prednisone
pretty well.  I would imagine that things would work
similarly with a pump.

Hope this helps a little.  Let me know how things go.

--- Ginny Kloth <email @ redacted> wrote:
> Anyone on the pump also using prednisone? how to do
> manage it? Am having
> some problems and it appears I am going to be on this
> pred for the rest of
> my life unless there are problems.

*  -- Susan K.  (^i^)               *
*      E-mail: email @ redacted  *