Re: [IP] A Question for the Discouraged...(a little long)

Hello, I saw your e-mail and I just want you to know that I sometimes feel
similar to you.  There are a lot of times when I get tired of being attached
to my pump.  My friends and family say the same thing about taking shots.
What they do not realize is that, no you may not have to take shots but you
do always have to be attached to an object that is unnatural to your body.
The thing is, atleast for me, my pump does not make me like a person without
diabetes, no where close, but it does allow me to go run and exercise without
being paranoid about my blood sugars falling too low and it does allow me to
sleep through the night without waking up to every little sound because I am
afraid that my bs are low.  I truly understand your pain, and unfortunately
for now this is all there is for us.  Just try to find some way to keep your
head up.  What I try to do is remind myself of all the things I do have and I
always remind myself that life is short and that I need to try to enjoy it.
Even though I train myself to think of these things when I am down, I, like
you, get upset sometimes.  It truly is a battle for everyone with diabetes,
please do not feel alone. I am twenty-two and I am sure that you understand
this when I say that I get soooo upset when I go out with my friends and see
them drinking and there I stand...unable to drink.  Of course I can have one
drink but usually thats it because my bs go up.  I do not know what else to
say other than we are all in it with you.  -Melissa