Re: [IP] C-peptide test

Darlene- yes, I had one done one month after I started pumping.  I was
supposed to have one sooner but they messed up the order on my lab work :(
so I have no idea how much insulin I was still producing before pumping.  My
levels came back at nearly 0 -- so whatever very very short honeymoon I may
have had is over.  (I have only been D for 6.5 months)  My first endo didn't
want me to start pumping until I was done honeymooning . . .except for the
slight problem that we couldn't really tell when that was . . .i think the
current theory is that I went for so long without diagnosis (a whole year)
that by the time I went on insulin I didn't have much honeymoon potential
left! I think I honeymooned for about 2 weeks . . . :)  good luck with the
test, I don't know how useful it will be for figuring out dosages, but it
might give you some indication of the honeymoon period.  --Gianna