Re: [IP] changing sites at night

I was taught to not change the site at night due to the fact that if the delivery is not in a good place, it may not be detected while sleeping. I always plan it for a.m.'s. You are awake and taking that BG 3 hrs. later and it's 300 you can make a rational decision whether to correct or change sites.
Jan (age 60, T-1 dx'd 11/5/50, pumping 16 years)
I think my "last night" reference was a little unclear...I try to change around 7 pm, & bedtime in our neck of the woods is usually in the neighborhood of 10 or 11.  I'd rather change in thevening so that if there are delivery problems with a new site, I'm at home to handle whatever adjustments need made, instead of at school supervising a classroom full of kids!  Your reminder about not changing just before bed is a very good one though- I have done that once or twice, & not really given thought to the potential problem of sleeping through a problem.  Thanks!!