Re: [IP] cost of pumping

In a message dated 11/26/99 8:25:26 AM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Roger,
 Medicare has been covering testing supplies and meters for
 Type 1 AND Type 2 diabetics for quite a while now.
 They will soon start covering pumps ONLY for Type 1
 diabetics with a very low C-Peptide level.
 Their coverage for these items is for 80% of the cost --
 you still need to have secondary insurance or pay out of
 pocket for the other 20%.
 --- email @ redacted wrote:
 > In a message dated 11/25/99 11:24:37 PM Eastern Standard
 > Time,
 > email @ redacted writes:
 > << There is also another law which requires that
 > Medicare, etc.
 >  cover all medicines and supplies, including pumps, for
 > diabetes. This went
 >  into effect in the last year, I think. >>
 > Joann Medicare will go into affect on April 1, 2000.
 > Roger C >>
Susan I agree with what you said. I was only replying to a post on the cost
of pumps. In the federal Medicare system (pumps) will be covered as of
4/1/00. There are states that pay for pumps now, but not all states. In Mass
(bill 1921) is such a bill. It is still in ways&means It may die there but as
of 4/1/00 it will not matter. I am still waiting as I want to be a pumper
after two weeks short of 52 years MDI. I hope you had a great Thanksgiving.
Roger C