Re: [IP] above 150

 >Steve wrote:
 >> You should not go above 150 at all, and if you do, you
 > > should immediately give a bolus to bring it down.
 >Just cuz this is what works for YOU (meaning Steve) doesn't mean it
should or
 >will work for me (meaning Sara) or anyone else.  *I* (meaning Sara) normally
 >do NOT bolus at 150 because that is the top range of my goal of 100-150, s0
 >why mess with damn-near perfection?

And what does 150 mean anyhow? That same drop of blood on my meter may read
as 120 and on someone else's as 175. I have another message on this same
topic, so I won't repeat it here.

A lot of us also have impaired hypoglycemic awareness. This makes it very
dangerous for us to try to maintain control too close to the 100 level. I
know that I've tested and discovered that I was 60 without a clue that I
was even low at all. Pretty scary stuff.

The bottom line is that we all have to determine our own ranges of good
control. In this business there is no such thing as "one size fits all".

I hope everyone has a good Thanksgiving.