Re: [IP] Re: low blood sugar question

In a message dated 11/25/99 10:56:39 AM, email @ redacted writes:

<< .our closest friend is a cardiologist & in attempting to
make us understand why Melissa was feeling so lethargic & irritable when she
was high, he said precisely that: "Picture maple syrup running through your
veins, instead of blood!!!!" >>

When I was first diagnosed with coronary artery disease some years ago and
was having a lot of trouble with angina, I noticed that I was particularly
prone to it when my blood sugar was high (and I mean over 200, not hugely
high).  The doctor I saw for the diabetes was much more surprised than the

And yes, my blood seems darker red with highs, as well as thicker.  A friend
who notices the same thing and I have talked about this at various support
groups for years, but we notice that it only seems to be true of some people.
And of course, hydration is involved, too.

Linda Zottoli