Re: [IP] MM 508 & new pumper

On Thu, 25 Nov 1999, Hal Roeder III wrote:

> My 13 yr old is BRAND NEW at pumping(1 week with the MM 508) & because of
> the software problem, our endo wants her to stop pumping until she gets the
> upgrade!!  She (and I ) don't want to!!!  She LOVES her pump!!  Any
> insights?  I wake up at 2 am daily to test her bgs because we're still
> getting her basals figured!  Please send your opinions!!!!!  Thanks!
I believe if you follow the instruction in the MM letter that there
should be no problem. I'm not an expert, but from reading the letter, it
appears that the problem only occurs when the multi=basal rate option is
used. The instructions are quite specific and appear to have been written
so that a user can easily prevent any problems. We don't have a 508, nor
have I even seen one, so this is very second hand info garnered from
reading the letter sent to 508 users.