Re: [IP] A mom's point of view & questions

I can only answer one of your questions.

>ADA article - Fiber and carbos - If fiber count is more than 5 - subtract
>the fiber count from total carbs - then consider the carbs before taking
>insulin?Has anyone else been told this - i read it from a ADA article - not

I also heard this from a dietitian that came to one of our support groups.
She was from the International Diabetes Center in Mpls I have forgotten her

>Endo - upon dxd - He can and will lead a productive normal life. Here just
>take insulin/needles and test and test and test - u will figure it out
>well - i did figure it out  - found another ped/endo - hope to be pumping

When Eve was dxed (family doctor, bg 273) we were told she was not sick
enough to be put in the hospital. We were give prescriptions for a
meter,insulin and syringes and told to test, test and test and you can
figure it out. We were never given ANY info on diabetes except that her
sugars shouldn't be high (the dr never told us what high was, was 273
high?). We had no clue what a bg of 273 meant.  We were told we (the
clinic)didn't do diabetes ed on Fridays(we never did get any diabetes ed,
ask every time we saw dr.). We were told to come back in a week with her bg
numbers. She was never put on insulin till two weeks after dx.

This is not the end of this story, but I'm afraid it would get to long.

Good luck with the pump

Deborah mom to Eve 12
Dxed 5/3/96 pumping 5/21/99