Re:[IP] Sils, bgs and cats

Hi Guys:

I just started using the Sils. (Have a mm 507C and going into my fourth week
pumping!)  The reason I changed to the Sils 1) Am pretty skinny and bony
above the waist.  Every time I tried to use the Soft Set it wouldn't stay in,
would I guess hit muscle (I wish) or bone.  2) It is nice not to have that
tube tail hanging off when disconnecting. I really like it - doesn't catch so
much on my clothing etc.  The problem I am having is how far do you have to
push the needle in to make sure the catheter is securely placed.  Last night
I had to insert twice!  Each time insulin leaked!  Finally I pushed the darn
thing hard enough and it is working.  Also, I am getting a little red bump at
the insertion point, is this "pump bumps" or am I heading for an infection.
When I change the site the bump goes down and fades away but am always afraid
that I haven't gotten the darn thing in far enough.  I had to change the site
at one o'clock in the morning which wasn't fun.

The good news! My bg's are really improved!  They are staying pretty
consistently between 90 and 185. This is a major improvement for me.  Before
the pump my averages were anywhere from 200 to 300. (Yikes)  Getting on the
pump is the best decision I ever made in my life.

Cats and tubing.  I had my 1st chewed tubing last week.  My youngest cat
(1-1/2) took a nap with me and had a wonderful time gnawing on the tube,
unfortunately the taste hasn't discouraged him.  That wiggly tube just
fascinates him!  So now I am using the 23" which I can hide better.

Take care