[IP] blood in cannula

Another "new" experience - I had a two day old site that had been bothering
me a little but not so much for me to change it.

Went to work out today and just suspended instead of disconnecting.  It was
really hurting by the time I was done so I took a peek at it.  When I
disconnected, the cannula filled with blood.  I bolused, it went away, but
when I disconnected again, it filled again.

Teaches me to keep an eye on my sites since I don't always inspect them - I
was surprised that it didn't fill over the two days I had had it in or when
I inserted it, AND that it only filled when I disconencted (I guess because
of loss of pressure)...

Happy turkey day everybody...

Susan

Amy - random ? for ya - what gauge/gage (don't know spelling of it) needle
are the bent needle infusion sets?  Just curious if they are as thick as the
needles on the sils and softsets!