[IP] MM508 glitch and battery death

> From: "Kathy Greifzu" <email @ redacted>
> Subject: [IP] Mini-Med Software Error
> I am home this week on vacation and just received a Fed Ex letter from Mini
> Med about the software error.  The letter states that it is present only in
> the software for model 508 pumps with serial numbers ending with the last
> four digits of -20A2, -20A3, -20A4 and -20A5.  Mine ends in -20A2.

> The letter states that they will be in contact with you shortly after the
> new year to discuss the necessary steps to receive a software upgrade to
> your 508 pump.

Ditto here.  I'm a lucky 20A4.  According to the woman I talked with at MM today, they
will replace these pumps in January.  Also, the warranty will start over, from the
date the replacement pump is shipped.

Another note on the 508--I got a low battery reading on mine after 4 days of use.
According to MM, this is because the batteries the pump arrives with may have been in
for quite awhile while the pump sat on the shelf.  Of course, I'm not sure why they
don't TELL you that when you get your pump. . .  But for anyone getting a new one, be
forwarned that the batteries may be old.  Carry some spares.