[IP] RE: Pump not allowed in prison

It was not only an unusual sotry -- it has me worried (being from Cleveland)
that the schools will also decide that the 1/2 inch "needle" on Andrea's
infusion set will be classified as a weapon at her school!!!! I'm holding my
breathe that school administrators don't bother to read the newspaper!!!!!

What upset me, and I've heard it before from those on this list, is that the
pump seems to be considered as an "experimental", non - traditional treatment
for IDDM.  I wonder how long it will take to become the treatment of choice
--- the preferred treatment. I think I'd rather have a pacemaker in me than
whatever else is the older option if I need it.  It's a shame all the tears
and frustration we went through for 7 years trying to deal with an active kid
on multiple shots a day -- what a difference a pump makes! :-)

Liz B.

Liz B.