From: email @ redacted [mailto:email @ redacted]On Behalf
Of Laura Lentini
Sent: Monday, November 22, 1999 12:49 PM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] Softset vs. Bent Needle

My daughter and I started pumping saline last Thursday and are using the
Softset.  We both love it. (I'm doing it to keep her company)  The trainer
from Minimed said that our doctor may insist on my daughter using the bent
needle and showed it to her.  She was hysterical.  She will be going into
the hospital for 3 days when she goes "live".  I feel I should insist on
using the Softset, otherwise this is going to be a bad experience and I
don't think my daughter can handle it (I couldn't!! The idea of having a
needle in me 24/7 would make me very anxious). She is doing so well with the
Softset I don't want to ruin this for her.  Any advice? Pros of bent needle
over Softset?  Thanks.

Laura Lentini-Iaffaldano
Mother of Laura, age 6, dxed 12/21/98