[IP] Glucogon "not necessary"

My pharmacist told me today that I was one of only a very few (5) in our area
to request glucogon.  "Why don't you just use candy or glucotabs?"  I
explained that when one is unconscious they can't eat.  This was after I
complained my insurance denied glucogon - after paying for it up to now.
They have changed it to an "uncovered item."  He says insurance companies can
just do this, out of the blue.  Are we that unusual to be keeping a glucogon
in her emergency kit at home and school?  Evidently those with diabetes in
our area are not considering it a necessary item.  Do most of you keep
glucogon?  Do your insurance companies pay for it?  Holly