Re: [IP] Insurance Co. refusing to cover supplies

so, my mother taught me an interesting trick...  and it seems to work!
when it comes to insurance companies try to remember that the people
manning the phones have to deal with the illnesses and neuroses of every
person that has called them....  even though you're annoyed at being put
on hold for endless hours, etc..  when you finally get to talk to a real
person, say something like, "wow, you must be having a really busy day...
how are you doing?"  you immediately win over the insurance rep, and
they'll do the most amazing back-flips for you...  it seems they get
awfully tired (understandably) from listening to all of the medical needs
of the people on the insurance plan that they work for...  dunno how much
this will help others, but my mom has gotten our insurance company to pay
for all kinds of things that they repeatedly refused, by being very nice
and solicitous to the reps she's spoken to on the phone....

Jessica Elena Marder