[IP] Insurance Co. refusing to cover supplies

In a message dated 11/22/99 4:10:12 PM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

 I need information on how to get my insurance company to pay for my pump
 supplies.  They always paid for my syringes before.  I can't locate a web
 to contact the PA Insurance Commissioners office.  Who do you suggest I
 Since the house bill was passed the beginning of this year my company's HR&D
 person won't give my any response when I ask if they will begin paying for
 supplies in Jan of 2000.
Dear JoAnn,

I'm a new pump user and my insurance co. has also refused to pay for my pump
supplies, which from what  MiniMed tells me is very unusual, especially since
the insurance co. agreed to cover the pump...well $2,500 of it...we pay the
other $3000.   MiniMed has already sent someone to the Texas based company to
educate them on the pump and why the pump is rendered useless without the
supplies.  I'm hoping and praying they'll decide to cover the supplies as
In the meantime, my MiniMed Rep. has sent me 3 months worth of supplies out
of his budget to get me started.

Maybe your MiniMed or Disetronics representative would be helpful in dealing
with your insurance co.  I know I really get nuts when I have to talk to
medical insurance people, especially being placed on hold for 30 minutes to
an hour.    I usually hang up so confused and upset.  I appreciate MiniMed
stepping in and dealing with them for me.