Re: [IP] Insulin and memory loss

----- Original Message -----
From: <email @ redacted>
To: <email @ redacted>
Sent: Monday, November 22, 1999 8:15 AM
Subject: Re: [IP] Insulin and memory loss

> Re: the article; unless they tell us the specifics about the children in
the
> study, ie: how long they were diabetic, ages, insulin doses, etc., the
study
> is fairly meaningless. Insulin has been associated with artery changes and
> other adverse effect in the body. However. the body does make insulin when
> one is not a type DM 1>

Whew, I thought the stroke I had was causing the memory loss.  Just to say
listen to your doctor about controling your blood sugars, (Mine was always
out
of control), watch your blood pressure, (Mine was 240/140 two days after the
stroke, watch your cholestrol, (Mine was 455 two days after the stroke).
Doc
kept telling me to find more tolerable job, but I resisted because made good
money, was too old to get enough schooling to change career's.  Thought if I
worked hard tried my best to watch sugar, took my insulin, blood pressure
medicine, and worked harder than anybody else; nothing would happen to me.
Try to find work that matches your abilities, don't be like me; too proud to
be
less than everyone else.  Never admitted to being sick, worked 3-400 hours
OT every year.  In the beginning I ate as many as 16 candy bars, per shift;
don't
know why I have only 2 cavities.  Now what were we talking about!