Re: [IP] Softset vs. Bent Needle

Why would anyone (doctor or otherwise) force your daughter
to use the bent needle when the SofSet is working well?
Seems to me that the old adage "If it ain't broke, don't
fix it" would be appropriate here.  Stand up for her

Congratulations and best wishes on "going live" for your

P.S.  I think it is great that you tried the pump along
with her.  Keep up the good work!

--- Laura Lentini <email @ redacted> wrote:
> My daughter and I started pumping saline last Thursday
> and are using the
> Softset.  We both love it. (I'm doing it to keep her
> company)  The trainer
> from Minimed said that our doctor may insist on my
> daughter using the bent
> needle and showed it to her.  She was hysterical.  She
> will be going into
> the hospital for 3 days when she goes "live".  I feel I
> should insist on
> using the Softset, otherwise this is going to be a bad
> experience and I
> don't think my daughter can handle it (I couldn't!! The
> idea of having a
> needle in me 24/7 would make me very anxious). She is
> doing so well with the
> Softset I don't want to ruin this for her.  Any advice?
> Pros of bent needle
> over Softset?  Thanks.
> Laura Lentini-Iaffaldano
> Mother of Laura, age 6, dxed 12/21/98