Re: [IP] Longer-lasting sites & misunderstood fairies

To: <email @ redacted>
Sent: Sunday, November 21, 1999 8:21 AM
Subject: [IP] Longer-lasting sites & misunderstood fairies

> >By the third day wearing the silhouette, I begin to have redness,
> discomfort
> >and a bump at the insertion site.  My Joslin nurse practioner recommends
> >changing the site every two days.....I truely hesistate to do that.....
> >
> >Anyone else with similar problems....thanks for your suggestions......

I've tried several different theories, but it seems to more or less remain a
mystery!
If I worry about it I tend to have to change sites more often, perhaps
because I am
thinking about it.  Who knows, most of the time I get 5 days out of each
site.  If working
hard tend to pull & stretch too much causing irritation of site, sweat too
much causing
infections.  But if I am taking it easy, only light work I can reach the 5th
day just fine.  Seems
to me if I can concentrate on just keeping busy & not think about the
irritation, without losing
track of my needs, things seem to work out fine.  I worried at first about
changing every 3rd
day, but now I just do what my body tells me.  If it hurts change, if it's
too red change, tape loose
change, but get every minute I can out of each site.  The doctors, nurses
can say what they want,
it hurts.   Best of luck!