[IP] new medical alert type tags - stick on insulin pumps

Because People Dislike Wearing Current Medical Identification Jewelry;
Diabetic Designs, Markets Smaller, More Attractive, Easier to Wear Line

EL PASO, Texas, Nov. 22 /PRNewswire/ -- At last!  Smaller than a dime and
sticks to your watchband, keys, or pager, this new medical identification
jewelry for diabetics is easier to wear, more attractive, and goes with you

(Photo:  http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/19991122/NYFNSW03-a

http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/19991122/NYFNSW03-c )

Susan Eisen, jewelry designer and type 1 diabetic for the past 8 years, has
introduced "Lifetag(TM) ... jewelry that can save your life," an attractive
answer to both a diabetics's need for personal privacy and instant awareness
by rescue professionals in case of an emergency. ($6.95 each, to order

"Most people, including myself, feel that being diabetic is a private issue
and everyone doesn't need to know.  Being a professional woman in the
workplace, I want to be respected for my abilities and not pitied for my
illness," said Ms. Eisen.  "Many diabetics dislike what's available and
therefore make the serious mistake of not wearing anything."  As a result,
Lifetag(TM) has been widely accepted by all ages as a positive improvement to
other medical identification jewelry currently on the market.

Susan Eisen who owns and operates several jewelry stores in El Paso, Texas
found current medical identification jewelry in a constant need of jewelry
repair and unsuitable for her public lifestyle.  Upset by excessive
visibility by the public of medical bracelets and pendants on the market, Ms.
Eisen feels that although personal medical conditions need to be known in
case of an emergency it doesn't need to be on a bracelet or pendant as a
public matter for everyone to see.  Her desire to find something attractive
that would work and be liked by her and other diabetics like her, both
children and adults, resulted in the development of  Lifetag(TM) ($6.95 each,
to order 1-888- Lifetag).

After interviewing health care professionals, doctors, and people with
diabetes, her research indicates the number one reason 80% of children and
adults with medical conditions do not wear medical identification jewelry is
because they cannot find anything they like and feel comfortable with.

"People who don't wear medical identification jewelry to save their lives are
a nightmare to us!" says Lisa R. Miranda, EMS Instructor and Paramedic, El
Paso, Texas.

Her Lifetag(TM) can be worn discreetly on a watch clasp, visible mostly to
the medics in case of emergency.  Each has a recognizable medical alert
symbol, is smaller than a dime and can be attached anywhere to a watchband,
bracelet or pendant.  The Lifetag(TM) has a durable stick-on back, which
allows it to be worn as an addition on already existing jewelry.

The Lifetag(TM) design is highly visible when stuck on keys, pagers, insulin
pumps and driver's licenses as well as on zipper pulls and lunchboxes for
children.  They are water resistant, attractive and durable.  Besides
diabetes, a variety of medical conditions are available printed on the
Lifetags(TM) which are currently available in English and Spanish.

"This is terrific!  I am so glad I found you.  I have an eight year old son
with diabetes who won't wear anything I found because he doesn't want his
diabetes noticed by all his friends," said Mrs. Herrera, El Paso, Texas.

With each Lifetag(TM) order a one dollar contribution will be made to
diabetes research and a portion of the profits will go to the Lifetag(TM)
Fund, a fund of the El Paso Community Foundation created by Ms. Eisen to
support local and national charities.

Lifetags(TM), $6.95 for 1 and up to $19.95 for 5 (quantity discounts
available) are available by calling 1-888-543-9245, faxing to 915-584-9245,
or e-mailing to email @ redacted  Susan Eisen's Lifetag(TM) Inc. is
located at 7500 North Mesa Suite 216, El Paso, Texas, 79912.

SOURCE  Lifetag ... jewelry that can save your life, Inc.

CO:  Lifetag ... jewelry that can save your life, Inc.

ST:  Texas

11/22/1999 05:08 EST http://www.prnewswire.com

Announcement: America Online has added Reuters newswires to News Profiles. To
add Reuters articles to your daily news delivery, go to KW: <A
HREF="aol://5862:146">News Profiles</A> and click on "Modify Your News
Profiles." Then click "Edit" and add Reuters from the list on the left.

To edit your profile, go to keyword <A HREF="aol://1722:NewsProfiles">NewsProf
For all of today's news, go to keyword <A HREF="aol://1722:News">News</A>