Re: [IP] Humalog Insulin

In a message dated 11/19/99 9:42:13 AM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

To Bob and Susan,

Did you know that insulin is not an approved drug for pregnancy?  I think me
and my two kids would both be dead if I had not taken insulin and lots of it
while I was carrying them.  Sometimes one has to realize there is a
difference between the "letter of the law" and the "spirit of the law".  The
pump manufacturers may not be legally able to say that Humalog can be used in
a pump but their representatives are right there in the room when the
doctor's staff explains how to fill this 1.5 cc syringe with Humalog!!!
(Rather than loads of air bubbles, quite a cute trick for the first time pump