[IP] BC pills

I have a question for the women of the group.  My daughter started on the
birth control pill Loestrin Fe 1/20 last Sunday.  They put her on the pill
because she was only having a period about once every six months.  Anyway,
since Thursday her #'s have been running high.  Can't get her #'s down below
200 no matter how much she boluses.  My question is could this be because of
the pills that she is taking or is it probably something else going on in her
body.  I am a little puzzled and not quite sure what to do.