[IP] Bagels... "fast acting H"

Natalie wrote:  I take my bolus earlier than I would if I were eating lunch
dinner, to give it time to get started.

Curtis writes:

We have found that with high glycemic food that if we bolus and wait a
little (5-10 min) that the control is much improved.  I guess that if the bg
goes too high the is some sort of insulin resistance so if we get the
insulin in and working before the bgs go up then there is a better match and
the little meter is happier.

Humalog does have a 10-15 min start lag even though we usually use it at the

Curtis Lomax