Re: [IP] Diagnosis date party

I agree with the diagnosis date celebration. We have told Rachel that we
celebrate because it was the beginning of her getting and staying healthy.
The diagnosis is the savior, not the monster. Diabetes is the monster and
upon diagnosis we took that monster by the neck and are keeping it under
control until the cure is found.

As I mentioned before, her diagnosis day is hard to forget. She can really
only celebrate the actual day once every 4 years. The year 2000 will be her
first "real" D-day celebration. She was diagnosed on February 29, 1996 ...
Leap Day. Hard to forget such a day.

Mom to Rachel, 12