Re: [IP] Dr. Bernstein Mamaroneck, New York

OK, I understand now -- sort of.

I thought that the original post implied that Dr. Bernstein
advocated NO insulin for any diabetic only low/no carbs.
That is why I thought the diet would be dangerous for type
1's.  I can see how low/no carbs might work for some people
(not me).  I just can't see how a TRUE type 1 can control
their DM, even with Dr. Bernstein's diet, without insulin.

... interesting.

--- "Natalie A. Sera" <email @ redacted> wrote:
> Dr. Bernstein, himself a Type 1, NEVER advocated that
> Type 1's stop
> using insulin.
> He does advocate severely limiting carbs and keeping
> insulin doses as
> low as possible.
> I know several Type 1's who are following his plan and
> doing well.
> Obviously, they're still using insulin; he's very
> specific about insulin
> planning.
>  Natalie A. Sera

*  -- Susan K.  (^i^)               *