[IP] Re:grief, or we could just have a party

> Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 15:17:46 -0600
> From: "deborah" <email @ redacted>
> Subject: Re:  [IP] Re: Grief
> For some reason Eve likes to celebrate the day she was dxed, I'm the one
> that gets depressed about it. I don't have a clue why she wants to celebrate it.

Smart girl!  I have a clue why she wants to celebrate.  It's hard damn work being
diabetic (and the parent of a diabetic, for that matter), and I strongly believe
that should be recognized in whatever way each person chooses.  I always
acknowledge the date (well, close to it--can't always remember the exact date) of
my dx in some way.  Each year means another year of health, at least at this
point.  Deb, let your daughter's exuberance carry you, and make a great party out
of it.  After all, there is much to celebrate.  Diabetes is a dicey business
sometimes, so I'd encourage you to create any excuse to let your hair down and be
joyful about what your hard work has produced.

This year when I turned 30, people kept asking me if I was stressed out about it.
WHY?!?!?!  I'm healthy, happy, have a great family, and feel generally content in
my life.  And considering the alternative to turning 30, I was pretty flipping
excited about that milestone.

Party on!  Maybe we should have a section on the IP members page that lists
everybody's date of dx and assimilation. . .  What's that?  Michael, did I hear you
groan?  :-))