Re: [IP] Why are docs so pessimistic?? (was Endo said yes, but . . )

I have had type 1 for over thirty years.  I have
intentionally kept on the low side of glucose levels
during the past thirty years and have no evidence of
complications.  Close control and a fanatical approach
to the management of my disease has proven extremely
successful.  I will debate this issue with anyone,
anytime, anywhere.  I test my levels six times daily
and my glucose averages are approximately 115 to 120
month after month.  Diabetes management, i have
discovered, is my concern and given the option I
always rely on my best judgment.