Re: [IP] Renting a pump and Endos

>Which pump company said you could rent to own?  MiniMed or Disetronic?

I have a letter from Disetronics saying that they could rent me a pump for
up to 3 months and if I choose to buy the pump then 100% of the rental fees
to that date would be deducted from the pump price. It sounds like both
companies offer rental programs.
I understand your frustration totally and I am not even to the insurance
part yet. I too had fleeting feelings of just giving up but then I decided I
would fight it first.
My endo said she wanted to be sure that I was being "realistic" and going
into this with eyes wide open. She now has 32 patients on the pump and she
said 50% of people who tried the pump (out of her patients) now have them
rusting away in a drawer. She also said she knew a fellow endo who parked
his as well. She also pointed out that some of her pump patients you could
not rip the pump off them if you tried!
Unfortunately, towards the end of my appointment my bg dropped to 36 and she
asked if I was low. I told her yes (my appointment was at 11:00a.m. and it
was now 1:00 p.m., so I missed lunch) and she said I probably would not
remember what we had even talked about, but I remember it very clearly!!
Later I thought and wished I could have told her: "If I was on the pump I
would not have dropped so low because I missed my lunch!!".
I just switched to this endo from another endo who won't even look at the
pump. I just found out about another endo slightly closer but in the other
direction so I might think about seeing her. I know little about her other
than she has some patients on the pump.
Keep up the fight!!