Re: [IP] I can see, but the eye doctor can't.

> > But you will eventually get retinopathy.  It may happen next week, or
> > it may happen 10 years from now, but it will happen."  I wanted to smack
> his face.

There is not much clinical history for people with diabetes having
NORMAL hba1c's. The doc is just spouting the stuff he learned in med
shool. As with many doctors, it seems yours is out of touch with
modern diabetes management technology and the affect it has on those
who use it. The jury is out.... it remains to be seen if tight
control will convert to a general reduction for everyone as it did
for the participants in the DCCT. This guy probably never heard of
the DCCT.