Re: [IP] Growth Spurt/ Increased Insulin Use

HI Annette,

Earlier in the Fall, I had to increase Erica's basals gradually, until
she was going from .4/hr almost all day long to .5/hr all day long
except mid-late afternoon when she gets out of school and her activity
level rises quite a bit. We still have to play with things, I don't
think it will ever be perfect, but it helped quite a bit.

I had waited awhile before doing this, because I thought it might be
related to the stress of going back to school, lower activity rate, or a
cold brewing, but she required it during the weekend too.  I am sure
some of it is due to the fact that with the cooler weather she is not
outside all day long, but she is growing and growing and growing.  Her
bolus ratio has been increased too.

Hope this helps  :-)

Barb....Erica's mom