RE: [IP] Desperate times calls for Desperate Measures - Hint - Hint

I understand your situation completely, related to my own situation.
I started pump hunting in March and finally have an endo and pump.
I will be starting beginning of December.  The best advice I can give
you is to be completely honest with the endo.  Show her the correct
numbers, and let her know how serious you are about getting the pump
for Kap and keep reminding her.

As someone who 5 years ago tested maybe twice a week and filled in
random bgs for the rest.  I can tell you this didn't help me one
bit.  The endo couldn't make a good guess as to what was going on
to help me have better control.  Also the doctor bases your start
basal rates on body weight, current daily insulin dosages, etc.
Not being honest could cause problems with the pump once he starts.
It may also lead to lying to the endo more in the long run.  That
doesn't make it a good relationship.  The endo isn't there to judge
but to help.  If they are judging you or Kap then move on to a new

Also, I have found it very helpful to keep very very detailed records for
a two week span and see if I notice any trends. I write down all the
I did.  Such as did I excercise, was it a particularly stressful day, etc.
I write down all my bgs what food with measurements that I ate and
then I test every 2hrs after eating, sometimes more often. I test if I feel
slightly off and sometimes when I don't.  On these days I may test as many
as 16 times. <Ouch> :) Often I find that it wasn't so much a mystery as I
It was the breakfast I ate, etc.  This past week by doing this I made a
that my numbers are being thrown off by where I am injecting my insulin.
When I
use my stomach the H peaks at 2.5-3.0 hrs.  If I use my arm it is 1.0-1.5.
when my blood sugars take dives at strange times.  So I am having an
problem.  So now I have started writing down where I injected the insulin.

Hope this helps,
Best of luck,