From: email @ redacted [mailto:email @ redacted]
Sent: Wednesday, November 17, 1999 4:22 PM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: "One Candy Bar Away from a Coma"

Dear editor,
As a diabetic for 10 years, I find the title of your article very offensive.

I was diagnosed with diabetes when I was 9 yrs. old, and I did NOT get the
disease because I was too fat.  Often times, a person's body becomes ill and

the immune system is damaged; this is one way that diabetes can develop.  In

the future, please pay better attention to harboring stereotypes towards
diabetics by assuming that the disease is ONLY caused by overeating.
your staff should do more research before publishing articles.  Thank you,
Jasmine Blackmeir