[IP] unusual morning rise?

I have identified a recurrent blood sugar patter that puzzles me.  I go to
bed with a good sugar and sleep well so I know that everything was good
during the night and wake up with a 100 at 6:00 am.  Then I get ready for
work, shower etc . . . and eat nothing but 1 cup coffee and test at 7:00 - 1
hour later and I have risen to 200 or more in just 1 hour.  Basal was .6
during the night increased to .9 at 6:00 am, but the morning increase is
obviously not enough.  Weird thing is that this rise after 6:00 does not
occur if I sleep in on the weekends.  I know this because I have tried to
increase morning (post-6:00) basal to 1.5 and I go low on the weekends when
I sleep late.  Is this pattern of a need for more insulin early morning only
if awoken normal?  how should I deal with it?  I was thinking maybe
institute a temp basal increase when I wake up.

Does anyone else experience this sort of rise and, if so, how do you deal
with it.