[IP] problems problems problems :(

Hi everyone, I'm sitting here at 12:20 in the morning waiting to see if the
shot I just took will have any effect, so what better thing to do than write
to IP??  I have no idea what's going on.  I haven't seen a normal number
twice in a row for about a week now, ever since I ate a bunch of really high
carb/high fat food at some restaurants last weekend.  Is it possible to
become insulin resistent from this??????? I would think it's unlikely but
I'm grabbing at straws here.  I've increased my basals and my carb ratio and
it has almost no effect.  I've changed several sites, insulin bottles, taken
shots, tons of stuff.  Several strange things:  first of all, any corrective
insulin I take at night seems to have no effect.  It's as if my body cannot
use insulin while its sleeping.  That's why I'm still awake.  Then, whatever
bolus I take for breakfast seems to work, and to a lesser extent at lunch.
But no matter what I do for dinner, I am always around 200 2 hrs. later.
Prior to this I'd always be back to where I started by then, and remain
there as long as I didn't eat again.  ????
Now, I have gained about 5 pounds in the past month from not exercising as
much (too cold out!!) but i don't see where this could affect insulin need
so much?  Before last Saturday I had perfect numbers and used under 20 units
a day for several weeks, and now, same diet and activity level and I'm up to
about 40 units!!  I know it's not my period, or anything like that.  I
talked to my medical people and am starting from scratch with basal testing
hopefully this weekend.  This is sooooo frustrating  :(  meanwhile I feel
like crap beacuse I'm no longer used to walking around at 160 mg/dl most of
the time.  Sigh.  One person mentioned that having such a large amount of
insulin in my system last week could have made me insulin resistent for a
little while, but 7 days???? This seems a bit long.  Any one want to venture
a guess out there?  Thanks, Gianna