Re: [IP] Lotsa protein -- what do I do?

ger wrote:
> know there's some rule about how to bolus for more than 3 oz. of protein --
> but I don't know what it is.

The CDE dietician at my endo's office says to use 1 ounce of protein = 4
grams of carbs as a starting point.  She says that this is just a
starting point and each person has to figure out the amount and timing
of the additional insulin they need.  I eat high protein meals only
occasionally and it would be nice to have a rule that works for everyone