Re: [IP] Endo says YES to pump, but...

In a message dated 11/18/99 8:48:02 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< My HbA1C is 6.4 but that is from a lot of lows so she wants me to
 get it higher. She said that I can't go on the pump until I am down to two
 lows/week. I guess I am going to be busy!! >>

What a crock!  Its a lot harder to achieve that goal on MDI than with a pump.
 Anyways, who tells her how many lows you are having????? (Hint, hint).

<<Also, in the past I have had a pronounced dawn phenomenom. She says that
this can change and she doesn't think I have it anymore
...Have any of you longterm Type 1s had this happen?>>
No my dawn phenom has been with me for all 19 1/2 years of type 1.  Don't
think its going anywhere.  As far as menopause, I went on birth control pills
to control excessive bleeding (3 wks long), and that has improved my control.
 Maybe menopause would too, but I can't imagine the transition time being

<<She said I was obsessive about my diabetes, probably because I was so well
organized with detailed records so we could talk about the pump.>>
Let's seeeee, she wants you to reduce hypos, but quit being so obsessive??
Helloo Dr, this doesn't jive.

But you know what???  She didn't say no.  This could be your crack in the
door to get a pump, so go for it, rented or purchased, you'll LOVE IT.

Best wishes you soon-to-be pumper,