Re: [IP] Inflated Charges

In a message dated 11/18/99 12:48:42 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Why doesn't the insurance company let me go directly through MM instead
 of a third party.  I know that the John Davis company has to make money
 but for 25% of a $1000 invoice I can call MM and place my order.
I had the same question for my insurance company.  Their answer was that they
had a contract with XYZ Co. for ALL durable medical equipment and had
negotiated a good price overall.  The problem comes because they only have a
small number of people using pump supplies and don't get a low price on that
particular item, whereas they save on oxygen for example which is used by
more people.  Except mine was worse than 25%, it was more like 100% markup.