RE: [IP] Late Morning Highs and Mistaking Lows for Highs

I had a similar problem. Good a breakfast, after breakfast my sugar would
quickly rise to 250 or more and slowly come down over the next few hours. If
I took enough insulin to prevent the 250 I would be in the 30-40 range at
lunch. My CDE has attacked the problem with basal adjustments. From 6am to
9am my basals are increased. Then from 9 to 12 they are decreased. This
helps with the surge after breakfast. I am now peaking to only 200 and by
hour 3 after a meal I am back to normal, and I do not crash later, even if I
don't eat lunch. The same pattern is repeated for lunch and dinner. So far
it is working great. You might mention this concept to your doctor and see
if it will work for you.

 However, from