RE: [IP] feeling low....

Well I know that I had my own share of scary lows at
college and was very happy to have good friends around
to help when needed.  I don't know what I would have
done without them.  <sniff>  Sorry reminiscing.  Graduated
in '98.

Best advice I can give you, if you have test strips to do
it, is to treat getting on the T like driving a car.  Test
before you get on.  Driving "rules" for me is to never get
in a car to drive if I am below 100.  And to test every
2 - 2.5 hrs on a long drive when I stop to pee. :)  So for
the T maybe you should consider testing before getting on?

Hmm...I have some unawareness that I have regained slowly.
Part of my problem was that I needed a huge increase in insulin
when I turned 16 and just stopped needing it when I turned 20.
Ended up in the hospital on a few early mornings due to this.
Luckily my roommate was a light sleeper.  Jeesh.  Still shiver
thinking about my close calls.  I am now taking 50% of what I
was and I still think it is too much judging by some of my
latest trends.  I am hoping to gain more awareness when I go on
the pump. Only two more weeks until they said they had time to
start me. :)  So we will see.  My blue 508 is pouting that it
wants insulin.  Amazing how these young devices have such
demands. :)

Good luck,
Sherry

Age 23, Dxd. 8/9/80 Type I