[IP] new meter tests long range BG averages

I received an interesting new meter at my Austin Texas Pumpers' group
meeting yesterday.  I traded in an old One Touch II.

The "In Charge" 2 test system (using 2 different types of strips) gives
plasma glucose results in 6 seconds and gluco protein 3 week BG average
(analogous to glycosylated hemoglobin, according to their literature) in
four minutes.

The company, LXN, San Diego CA,  suggests having a gluco protein test
weekly, and claim the time period it covers and its accuracy render it more
useful for BG control than the current Hgba1c tests.

The results are given in mmol/l and the company provides a graph correlating
the numbers to hgba1c.

The meter and test strip bottles are compact enough to fit inside my Fast
Take belt carrier.

Fifty glucose test strips are bundled with 4 gluco protein strips for about
$34 US.

Wal-Mart is offering free meters with purchase of test strips as well.