[IP] Re: I can see, but the eye doctor can't

I've had Type 1 for 37 years (most of my life, dx'd at age 11) and my eye
doctor tells me that if I hadn't told him I had diabetes, he would have
never guessed it from looking in my eyes.  I hate anyone that makes blanket
statements like "this will happen to you because you have diabetes".  While
I realize that the risk is higher, we are all individuals are there are
exceptions to every rule.  I plan to live to a ripe old age, and with my
vision intact.  (I tend to be a very positive thinker! :) )

T1 for 37 years, hoping to be pumping soon...