[IP] Inflated Charges

I just switched insurance companies.  I am now on a HMO vs PPO.  With
the PPO I use to order all my pump supplies through MM.  Now I go
through a third party company called John Davis here is Sacramento.  My
coverage is 100% so cost isn't to much of a factor but I am wondering
why when something cost $97 with MM--the sils, why does it cost $137
with this company.  This was for every item.  The cost overall was about
25% higher than if I went to MM directly.

Why doesn't the insurance company let me go directly through MM instead
of a third party.  I know that the John Davis company has to make money
but for 25% of a $1000 invoice I can call MM and place my order.

Just wondering,