In a message dated 11/16/99 2:55:17 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< So, I got my flu shot around 11 am.  By 1:30 I am 401 and now I am 570
 large ketones.  I have done a site change.  I have called to doc.  I am
 waiting to hear.  I just took an injection.  2 in one day reminds me of the
 old MDI days!!!!!  I don't miss them at all!!!  Any advice would be great.
Sounds familiar.  It's now been two weeks since mine and after one of the
nastiest flus ever I'm better today.  My bgs also went to the moon.  My dawn
phenom seemed to double and is still a problem requiring like 3-5 extra early
morning units, as compared with pre-shot.  The first week sounded like yours
is today.  I did correction boluses about every 2 hours.  Sometimes they
worked, sometimes they didn't.  If they didn't budge it in two hours, I'd do
it again, two more hours, test again and bolus again.  My needs DOUBLED for a
few days. Some days I'd crash.  No good pattern. Some nights I tested every 2
hrs thru the night.  Now I'm getting pretty close to my "normal" with only
early am problems, which has always been my "thorn in the side".

Hope your getting better,