Re: [IP] Re(IP) Mm508...batteries

At 08:55 PM 11/17/1999  Ruth Schneider wrote:
 >I personally think this whole battery thing is a scam.
 >if you use the pump normally...your battery will last at least 6 weeks.
 >doesn't matter here you get them.

I hate to quibble, but from my personal experience and from what I heard
from others on this list, there is a difference. I usually get about 40-50%
less use out of the 357s that I get from the local stores. The MiniMed 357s
for some reason just seem to last longer. I've been told that it has to do
with shelf life and storage conditions, but don't know any of the technical
reasons for why this should be so.