Re: [IP] Preexisting Denial?!

Thanks to everyone who has written to me!  Once I looked up the term
"creditable coverage" and contacted the insurance company, I found out what
the problem was.  I did NOT have a lapse in insurance....I had been working
for my current employer for more than one year--they had simply switched
insurance carriers, so my service should have rolled over with no problems.
I was told by the insurance co. that my account had been opened for
investigation for pre-existing because they didn't have my hire date on
file.  Our Benefits department is currently getting that straightened out,
and I will hopefully hear no more of it.

In the meantime, I phoned the agent who put my employer in touch with this
carrier.  Evidently the agent is getting some sort of financial benefit from
my employer staying with this particular carrier.  I relayed this problem to
her, and while I was at it, brought up the problem I was having with them on
my pump supplies.  They are applying the supplies against a $10,000 lifetime
cap for Durable Medical Equipment. Texas enacted a law in 1997, which
clearly states that insulin pumps and appurtenances WILL be covered under
policies issued after 1/1/98 (and the law does not provide for a lifetime
cap). The agent agrees with my point of view, and has put the wheels in
motion towards getting them straightened out.  I'll keep you all informed of
how it goes!  Suddenly, I'm feeling much better, having beaten back the
insurance monster (for the moment!). :)

Thanks again.