RE: [IP] MM 508

My disctict manager told me that the new batteries MiniMed is selling are
made by Rayovac and are medical quality. They are being manufactured
specifically for the 508 and one other medical device made by some other
company. They will not be available in stores.

The reason for a change in batteries is to fill the requirements of the new
vibrate mode, the stronger backlite and to offer pump users a "significant"
increase in the overall life of their batteries.

You are right that the battery life does depend on how much you use the
backlite and press the buttons, but these new batteries are supposed to
compensate for more use of the many new features of the 508.