[IP] Glycemic Index, questions-info

Barry and Ruth,

>I looked up Life cereal in my book ("The Glucose Revolution, The
Authoritative Guide to the Glycemic Index") and its glycemic Index is 67
(relative to glucose, 100).  For comparison, white bread is 70, Corn
Flakes 84, Frosted Flakes 55, Special K 54.<

I must tell you that I have never seen these GI figures for these foods.
All of the GI's I have seen have White Bread at ~100, that the standard
and Glucose at >130. The food you describe all  at  >90.

On that list I referenced Life is at 94 not far from white bread and far
higher that the banana at 77.

Be careful and read every book on nutrition with a grain of salt.

The GI listing I refereed to for this info is at:

IDD, It's a life full of experimentation and guesswork based on
knowledge and experience. Keep it up, it's been 29 years for me and I'm
still experimenting, guessing, learning and gathering.